Alawar Premium and development studio Cheerdealers will be ending their beta period this week, and will be launching ‘I’m Not a Monster,’ on Steam this Thursday, September 27th. The turn-based, tactical multiplayer is set in a 50’s Sci-fi Retro with each PvP session featuring a group of up to six players, where every player is randomly assigned the role of civilian or monster, with a maximum of two monsters.
The game also hosts a range of Mafia/Werewolf party game style features. Players are encouraged to invite friends via steam chat here and grab the game to try free for a limited time during ‘Free Steam Weekend’ going on Sept 27th-30th. After the free weekend and initial launch discount week ending on Oct 4th, players can pick up the game at $12.99 USD.
“It’s been ten long months of hard work, difficult decisions and full commitment. We are proud to present you the game that embodies both our skills and our passion.” – Stanislav Stepchenko, Producer, Cheerdealers
View the Trailer:
“I am Not a Monster feels a lot like XCOM with a pulp 50s B-movie style, albeit with each player only controlling a single unit and within briskly timed turns.” – Rock Paper Shotgun
The Informed Minority vs. the Uninformed Majority
“Hunting a Monster that mirrors your human form is a challenge; any one of the players can be friend or foe! Keep your eye out and trust no one.”– Stanislav Stepchenko, Producer
About the Game:
A tourist starship is under invasion by monsters. They take human form and are picking off the passengers one by one. The bravest civilians take up arms and fight back. But first, they must figure out who are the monsters.
If you are a civilian:
- Trust no one. Suspect everyone.
- Watch out: infected by a monster, civilians have just a few moves to heal, or they turn into monsters themselves.
- Check the boxes around the starship for weapons and tools.
- Combine loot to gain a unique ultimate ability that you can use to turn the tide of battle.
If you are a monster:
- Learn your enemies’ strategy and adapt to it.
- Take part in conversations and gain civilians’ trust.
- Infect the passengers to re-spawn if you are disclosed and killed.
- Infect the civilians to turn them into ones of your own.
You do not have to play with bots if you invite a friend of yours!
Coordinates of Steam Group Chat: https://s.team/chat/PQ6pWJeS
What to expect in the full release, and more!
– 3 unique locations
– 3 completely different game modes
– Ranked games with leagues, seasons and rewards
– Over 100 character skins, sprays, avatars and borders
– Over 100 types of weapons, devices and ways to combine them
– In-game voice chat
– A unique and inimitable cosmic retro-futurist atmosphere
You will NEVER see:
– Any in-game purchases, Day 1 DLC, a Season Pass, Early Access.
Where to follow us and learn more:
Press Kit images/gifs/video here
Alawar Premium is a Midcore Gaming Division of Alawar Entertainment
Founded in 1999, we specialize in the development, publishing, and distribution of casual games, reaching players all over the world. The company has published over 350 casual games, including leading downloadable and mobile brands like Farm Frenzy and The Treasures of Montezuma, on more than 15 platforms. In addition to game development and publishing, Alawar manages the worldwide digital content distribution, including distributing its games through its own websites and partners. For more information, visit: www.alawar.com and to learn more about Alawar Premium and their growing portfolio of games, visit here: https://company.alawar.com/en/
Racheal A. Mack, Media Relations